Monday, February 26, 2018

Teddy today

Teddy has been with us for almost 6 weeks. He had a thorough exam that included blood work, parasite testing and an urinalysis. Everything came back pretty good. At first, the vet and I were unsure about how Teddy would do with anesthesia, and I wasn't about to find out. But, Teddy's teeth not just needed cleaning, he had many that were rotten and clearly causing him some pain. He couldn't chew hardly at all. So, I decided to schedule him for a dental cleaning and take out the rotten teeth. I was worried, but I know what mouth pain feels like and for me at least, it is the worst pain there is. Well, Teddy did great! They cleaned his teeth and removed 12 of them. They also shaved the rest of his mats off, and trimmed his nails, and also cleaned his ears and applied more meds. inside them. Today is post-surgery, day 6, and he is doing fantastic! 



No comments:

Post a Comment