Friday, July 20, 2018

Because of Teddy

Because of Teddy and the huge impact he made on my life, there will always be at least one senior dog living with our family at all times. My promise to him. He brought a lot of love in those 6 months that we had him. I never got to take a walk with him, because of his arthritis, but I laid down with him, many a nights and talked to him, and petted him, and sometimes I cried, listening to his heavy breathing. It's not easy taking in a senior pet, knowing that their days left, are few. But, it is worth it, and you will forever be grateful that you got to spend time with that precious animal. I would say about Teddy...better late than never. I would rather have 6 months with him at the end of his life, than to never have any time at all.
This was the last picture that I took of Teddy, in our home.
 I took him to the vet, later that day. And sadly, he didn't come back home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment