Thursday, January 22, 2009

3 months

It has been three months today since I first held Elijah in my arms. Three long months and I'm missing him terribly. I know God will bring him home at the perfect time, but meanwhile I am having a difficult time waiting. I envision his little smile when I first open my eyes. I go through his photos everyday, touching them, and praying that I will soon be holding him close. We have everything ready and waiting for him. We pray daily for him to stay healthy and warm and loved until I can go back for him. He is not aware how much we love him or how much I miss him! But soon he will know what it is like to have a Mother's love everyday and three older brothers that adore him.:)
Please pray that I can wait patiently just a little while longer.
I want to ask for a prayer for all of the adopting families out there, who like me are waiting......for their precious children to come home.

"Relax, everything's going to be all right;
rest, everything's coming together;
open your hearts, love is on the way!
"
Jude 1:2
MSG

6 comments:

  1. That's a great quote from the Bible, Amy. I really hope you can travel soon. Surely you will, won't you. I enjoyed the pictures of your sons on previous posts, too.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    I keep watching for your up date that you will be travel soon. I am praying it does come so very soon for you. Your wait has been long but will be well worth the wait. Praying for a travel date very soon for you..
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just catching up on your posts. I just love the pictures of the boys. I am praying for you today as I know you are aching to have Elijah home. I can't imagine how hard it must be, especially having met him already. Do you get any updates on how he is? God's timing IS perfect, but I certainly understand how much you must want him right now. Hang in there, and know you're being prayed for (along with your little peanut)
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing in your post Amy; we too long to hold our new son. It must be even more difficult for you having held him already. God's timing will be perfect for your family but I understand the waiting is hard. We will be expecting to hear your good news anyday now!!
    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking of you everyday too and how hard it must be for you to wait. I'm hoping it will be soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww I'm so sorry. :( Is there any word on when you might be able to go back? I keep forgetting you are private now and that the updates don't hit my google reader. I promise to remember better. ;)

    Praying Elijah is home soon!

    ReplyDelete