Thursday, November 4, 2010

This is Catherine


Isn't she precious?
I had the pleasure of meeting Catherine when I was at Elijah's orphanage. The director of the orphanage brought me into a room to show me Catherine. I knelt down and spoke to her. Although she did not understand what I was saying to her, she smiled at me. Her smile is engrained on my heart forever. The director asked her if she was a good girl. Catherine looked up at her and said with a big smile "DA (yes)!" Then the director's face got serious and also turned sad. She told me that this was Catherine's last day at the orphanage. She urged me to try and find a family for Catherine because the following day Catherine would be transferred to an institution. And there she would spend the rest of her life, unloved, unwanted, and hidden away from a society that has no use for children like her. I am in tears as I write these words because I have been touched by this child, and not just because I met her but because she is a child of God. And oh, how He LOVES her....and I know His heart breaks every time a child like Catherine is sent away, never to know the love of a Mommy or Daddy. Catherine has never had a birthday celebrated in her honor. Can you imagine not one person has celebrated this precious child's life? And there are so many like her every day that just sit and wait......and no one comes.
I have no doubt that it is God's will for Catherine to have a family. But who will listen to God's call and follow Him to bring her home?
If I could bring home a little girl, I would adopt Catherine myself. My heart aches for this little girl. But there is someone, a family out there that is able to take this leap of faith and bring Catherine out of this grim place that she has been sent to. Catherine will be 6 years old next month. She is still a little thing and cute as a button. I just know that she would bring such joy to a family. Could her family be yours?
Please visit www.reecesrainbow.org for more information

or email me privately
amydl4@yahoo.com

4 comments:

  1. I had so hoped that last Christmas would be Catherine's last on the tree :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me or does she look a lot like the younger photos of Kristen that her mom has been posting??? I don't guess I've ever really looked at Catherine's photo until tonight, but my first thought was "WOW, she looks like Kristen." Do you think so?
    (feel free to tell me that I'm crazy because that's certainly possible too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She certainly is precious. Let's pray that this is the year that she will find her mom and dad on the Angel Tree!!

    ReplyDelete