Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Waiting

This morning, the first thing I saw on FB, was that I had been tagged by a very sweet friend. She has made it her mission in life, to get the faces out there, the faces of disabled children and adults, who are living their lives in institutions in Eastern Europe. The picture I saw was a beautiful little girl named Maria, who is 13 and has Down syndrome. What a precious little girl she is. She has lived her entire life without the love of a family. :( It makes me so sad. It's clear in her picture that she has conjunctivitis in her right eye. Will it be treated? I honestly don't know.

Maria

Every night when I go in and check on the boys, I see them sleeping so sweetly in their beds. Then there's that moment, when I am reminded where they came from. And, where they would be today, if I had not adopted them? I thank God, for opening my eyes and sending me to Russia. Caleb will be 12 next month, almost the same age as Maria. I can't imagine him living in an institution now. Picturing him in a place like that, makes me cringe. He loves school, water parks, car washes, music videos, pizza, the IPAD, riding his bike, Christmas,,........and so much more. All of those things, he would not get to experience, if he had not been adopted. Who would kiss his owies, help him brush his teeth, teach him to read, give him a hug when he is sad, take care of him when his tummy hurts, or celebrate his birthday? No one. Who would he call Mama? No one. The children in these institutions, know the word Mama. They know that some children have Mamas. And they know that, they do not. :( There are over 150 million orphans in the world today. That blows my mind! Where are the families that should be stepping up for these children? As much as I would like to, I can't save them all. I have three little boys that I have adopted. All three have Down syndrome. But there are thousands of little boys and girls, just like my boys, living in orphanages and institutions. Lonely and hungry. Hungry for more than just food. Hungry for love.

First day of school 2014
Caleb 

Liam

Elijah

These beautiful children below, are all orphans with Down syndrome. They are just waiting for a Mommy to love them. It is my hope and prayer, that they do not have to wait, for the rest of their lives.

Fynn

Dima

 Katya

 Mikah

 Sasha

Sergey

 Vanya

Vlada





1 comment:

  1. Amy that is so sad, I am so happy you were able to save your 3 little guys they are a few of the lucky ones. I love you all. Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete