Saturday, July 1, 2017

My boy's names

All of my boy's names are absolutely perfect to me. I admit, James (Jimmy) was of course named after his Dad, but it's also a name from the Bible and that makes it especially meaningful to me. Benjamin came to me about a week before I was due. to give birth with Benjamin. Up until then, he was going to be named Jacob. But, something changed. I just woke up one day and the name Benjamin came to me. I have loved that name ever since. Caleb was a name that I had heard years ago, and hoped to name one of my children, but Jim (my husband at the time) didn't like it. Years later, we were divorced and I was adopting a little boy, as a single Mom. I knew all along that his name would be Caleb. Caleb Anatoly. Anatoly was his Russian name. Then came Elijah. Elijah's Russian name was Denis, pronounced Denise. I did not want to keep it was his middle name, so I chose a Russian name, Nikolai. Elijah Nikolai. My 5th son would be named Liam. His Russian name was Ivan, another name I wasn't fond of. So, I chose Josiah as his middle name, from the Bible and also named after a little boy I never knew. A little boy who had spina bifida, who died at the age of two. He was the son of my friend Renee Loux. I'm not sure why I decided to make this post tonight. I wanted my boys to know that their names are my absolute favorite. I love them and I am proud of them, and their names might not come from a long list of family's names before them, but they were and are their Mama's most favorite names ever. Their names fill their Mama's heart and soul. 💓💓💓💓💓

No comments:

Post a Comment