Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Still here

 I can't believe it's been almost 2 months since I posted here. Not much has happened. We are still staying at home. We did celebrate Christmas in July with some Christmas cookies and goodies and played Christmas music all day. The boys have been staying up later than normal during the summer, but I've wanted them to have as much fun as they can, being stuck at home. They seem to be happy with trips to get ice cream, and playing in the kiddie pools, riding bikes, walking the dogs....Caleb has been helping me bake things, and that's been fun. Jimmy works out every morning and I am his counter and his biggest supporter. I can't be more proud, because he hates exercise. 

And we had so much fun celebrating Elijah's birthday last month! I need to post about that next. He's already 14 and he's my baby!

We did have to have some workers come in the basement because our hot water heater turned itself off, do to CO. It apparently wasn't venting properly, so we had to have a new vent be put in through the chimney down into the basement. A lot of drilling through cement, but it's done and we got our hot water back on. I also got two CO detectors for the house. :)

I've decided to have the boys do school online. I will be teaching them mostly myself, because online school is definitely not enough or as effective as person to person. But, I don't want to send them back yet. I have taught spec. ed. for 15 years, so I feel very comfortable about it. 

It is starting to get worrisome, as more and more children are getting Covid-19. Some are struggling in the hospital and some are dying. A few young adults with Down syndrome that I knew of have died and that is extremely heartbreaking. :( 

I have to get Caleb's senior pictures done. I still can't believe that he's a senior!! He's grown up too fast! :(

And that's about it. It's hard not to have pictures of the lake and water park, zoo.....but I don't feel comfortable taking the boys out. Some people are and they are fine. Some people are and they are getting the virus. I can't take any chances with my boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment