Tuesday, June 10, 2008

GOTCHA DAY

Caleb today:)



Caleb at the orphanage 3 years ago

Exactly three years ago today was Caleb's Gotcha Day! It's hard to believe three years have gone by already. What a blessing he has been to our family. He gives us so much love! He is very smart and funny too! He came home not knowing how to walk yet, and three weeks later was walking unassisted across the kitchen floor. His speech continues to amaze me. He tells me " I want _____ please!" He repeats everything he hears, maybe not always precisely, but I get excited about it every time. He is identifying his letters and all of his colors. He is starting to sing, he loves to paint, and he loves his wagon rides. His favorite foods are popcorn, ice cream, and chicken nuggets and fries. He also has a fascination with garage doors going up and down, and he absolutely LOVES to watch me mow the grass. He asks me to mow it several times a day, even when there is snow on the ground. While I mow, he is jumping up and down on the deck having the time of his life. Who knows, maybe he will have a lawn mowing business someday.:)
But anyway, I wanted to share how much I love my son, Caleb. Who by the way, knows he has his Mama's heart!

2 comments:

  1. Caleb has a light around him that in every photo it just warms my heart!

    HAPPY Gotcha day Caleb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has grown so much! What a handsome little guy. About mowing the grass.. If he was to come visit us he would be entertained for hours. It takes us about 3 hours to mow our yard with a riding lawn mower!

    Hope you all have a great "gotcha" day.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete