Sunday, June 1, 2008

Caleb outside


This child LOVES to be outside! I hate to think what Caleb's life would be like being locked away inside an institution, without the chance to be outside. When I went to visit him at the orphanage, I was not allowed to take him out of the building. This picture above shows him looking out the window. He wanted me to hold him up so he could see the outside world. He longed to be out there and I couldn't wait to get him out! Today he loves every second he is outside.:) One reason I love the summer so much is because I can watch Caleb playing and running around outside enjoying his life, like it was always meant to be. What a GIFT he is!




7 comments:

  1. Amy my heart is with you. Every post you've written in the past month touches me. I love your little Caleb too, he is a joy. And I understand how it feels to fall in love with a child you think you will get to adopt... and then lose that child. May God comfort you and lift you in His arms, like He did the other day when you were outside with the boys.

    Dolores

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caleb is so beautiful and he is so blessed to have you for a mother. The love you give him shines through his sweet smile.

    I just wanted you to know that I am still thinking of you and praying for you.

    I'm so sorry that things have worked out the way they have. I'm praying so hard for that little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristy,
    Your prayers mean so much to me. I am also praying for you and your family. I am so thankful for your friendship.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, your posts are such an encouragment. Thank you for being so transparent about the pain and joy you have been experiencing. I think of you and your sweet family often and pray for you.

    Karen s. RR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your prayers Karen.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy,
    Caleb is such a happy little boy and all of your children are lucky to have such a great mom. I know it hurts to fall in love with a child(ren) and then not be able to have them. I am happy that Roma now has a family and hope that you can continue on your adoption journey.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete