Saturday, May 24, 2008

I saw God today

Today I took Jimmy and Caleb to a really nice, peaceful park in a town nearby. As I was sitting there watching the boys throw rocks in the water, I looked up to the sky and saw the birds flying overhead. I heard the wind gently blowing through the trees and I listened and saw the water flowing over the rocks. I realized that this is it. This is what is important in life. Taking time to notice all of God's beauty around us. I felt so close to God as if he were sitting there right next to me. In fact, I know he was. Listening to the excitement in the boys voices as their rocks dropped into the water, made me want to shout out to God in praise. I am truly blessed. I may not know what is in store for my future but I do know that God is always with me.:)

But happy are those...
whose hope is in the Lord their God.
Psalm 146:5 NLT

3 comments:

  1. Now that was chicken soup for the soul! :) Nadia's name means hope. And I keep hearing messages on hope every where that I go. God has used you to minister to me. Thanks for sharing that! I'm still praying for you!

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh AMy! I am so glad you felt the comfort of our Lord! The peace that comes about you in those times are fantastic and you want to bottle them up forever! Your boys are just precious and I can just only imagine the looks on their faces at the park. What a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post. Very uplifting.

    ReplyDelete