Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Polar Plunge 2011 at OneTrueMedia.com

First came the 400 lbs. of ice and THEN the Plunge.....


Elijah signing "cold"

Caleb was really disappointed that he could not jump into the "ice water".

Ben after the plunge. We had several days before the plunge that were in the 50's so they were unable to safely walk out on the ice and jump into the center of the pond like last year. So they set up a pool, filled it with water from a hydrant and then right before the plungers began to start jumping, they brought in 400lbs. of ice and dumped it in the pool. Can you say "Brrrrrr?" Ben said the pool was colder than the pond was last year. Thank you to everyone who donated to the Plunge this year.:)

2 comments:

  1. As I sit here with my electric lap blanket on me, I get chills when I watch that. Brrrr! Can't imagine how unpleasant that would be. He's a good kid Amy! You did well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Ben it really looked cold.

    ReplyDelete