Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Here we go.....!



I have been anxiously waiting to write this post....sorry to leave you all hanging.:)
I have always been ready to go, if God said "Go!" And I have been praying that he would open the door and tell me to "GO". Well, He did just that....so YES, we are adding to our family again. We have committed to a beautiful little 6 year old boy with Ds that is now living in Eastern Europe. I am so excited to bring this little guy home!:)He has lived 6 long years without a mother's love. Just in case you didn't know, Caleb is 8 and Elijah is almost 5, so their new brother will fit right in the middle and we couldn't be more happy!

I have a big prayer request for fundraising. This is my third international adoption and I need to raise a large portion of money to complete our little guy's adoption. I have some ideas and also some very pretty pieces of jewelry that I am ready to raffle off. When you see my fundraisers, could you please share them on FB and also your blogs? We also have our FSP on Reece's Rainbow and will be putting our button up soon that links to our FSP. It's so hard for me to ask for money....but our little guy is depending on me so I will do this for him. He needs us, and we need him.

Another prayer request is that his adoption will go quickly and smoothly so we can get him home ASAP. I am not sure if he has been transferred to an institution or not, but if not then he is very close. And if he has, then we know that his days are numbered and we need to get him home asap!

And finally for those of you that have never adopted.....yes, you can love a child before you meet him, before you hold him in your arms, and before you kiss him. And you can miss him too, so very much. Jimmy tells me that he misses our little guy, and I know Jimmy is speaking with his heart when he says this.

16 comments:

  1. you are an incredible woman. Hands Down God is using you in incredibly ways. So happy you are adding to your beautiful family. Ivan will fit in perfectly! :Looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Amy! I am so glad you can finally shout it from the rooftops! And, when I read what Jimmy said, I got all teary.... He is just a gem, isn't he? Oh, and forgot to add, that little Ivan is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy I am sooo thrilled for your family!!!! I just know little Fallon is going to bless your families socks off & you his! :D & Jimmy,..I know that love is all too real & I miss my little boy too. I'll be happy to spread the word for your family & I know our God is bigger then mere funds :) Praying for you on this journey to your son & praying for your beautiful little boy ♥ BIG HUGS & I'm so excited to finally be able to share this news!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Amy! He is beautiful! He will fit right in :) I'm praying for you and your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you and your boys, I told Patti this was coming I just didn't know when. I think it is great, I will be praying that you will get the funds quickly. He is a little cutie, he is so thin and you have to get him home as quick as you can to give him the love he needs and the nourishment to become as healthy as all your other sons. Love you Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! Praying for a quick & smooth adoption process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. So excited for you, your family and Ivan!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm getting the word out!! :o)
    Jimmy is so sweet! Ivan is adorable!! Congratulations!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. What exciting news, Amy!! He does look like he'll fit in (he just has the "Lucas look"). :o) He's so cute and tiny!!

    To be honest, I thought you were going to announce you going after little Catherine...!

    I'll do what I can to donate to your grant, or bid on your items. :o) Can't do much, but for you I will do what I can. :o) I know what it's like to ask for money and for me as well, it is HARD. But Ivan is worth all of our efforts.

    Love you, Amy! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Amy and family! We are so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your family!!! I am so happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to you and your family! He is precious and looks like he sure could use a family of boys to play with :) Prayers for everything to go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo-hooo Amy! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Amy!!!! I was so excited to read this news! So happy that you are adding another beautiful boy to your sweet family. :) YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hurray! I was so hoping you were hinting at this.:) What a beautiful little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. He looks like a Lucas! It was meant to be! You're in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete