Saturday, March 26, 2011

No more teenagers.....for a while

Ben turned 20 today. How come the difference between 19 and 20 seems so big when your child turns 20? I mean, wasn't it just yesterday that he was running around carrying Clifford wherever he went?... And putting worms in his pocket, and hanging off the chandelier above the diningroom table? (Oh, the joys of raising boys!) Time goes by so fast......:(
Happy Birthday Ben, we love you!

A funny thing about the number two candle on his cake. Caleb had got ahold of it yesterday and threw it up onto a shelf. Good thing he told me or I never would have found it. Well, I got it down and didn't realize that it was broken in two pieces (it was still in the plastic) until I got ready to put it on the cake. So I quick, grabbed a glue stick and stuck it together right before I put it on the cake. We all had a good laugh over that.:)Jimmy shops with his debit card at a local grocery store every week with his class. He always buys something special for us when it's our birthday. This week he was so excited to buy Ben these chocolate chip cookies. But he really got a kick out showing us his name on the cookies.:)


Elijah loves cookies!

Ben and what he calls his "Trigger mustache"
And somehow, I didn't get a picture of Jimmy, but he was there too.:)

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Ben! 20's a good year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Ben! He got his hair cut. Looks good. Really makes him look like you. :) Makes me laugh that Jimmy found his new favorite cookies. I bet they're yummy too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't remember the last time I saw Ben with short hair, looks good. I'm glad he had a good birthday. Yes 20 is getting up there, but I told my 4 kids they are not adults til they turn 50! So Ken has been an adult for almost 2 years and Patti becomes an adult in a year. The other 2 have a few years to go.Love you and your four boys, hopefully soon to be 5.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Ben!! Love the hair cut!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Ben! Love the haircut! (You look so much older!) And the puppy is getting so big!! (Sooooooo cute!!)

    ReplyDelete