Friday, April 15, 2011

What? Not me!

If someone told me a year ago that today I would be pleading with people on a daily basis asking for money, I would have been horrified! The thing is..... I have a horrible time asking for anything. I would rather pay for someone to fix something in my home then to ask a friend or a neighbor for help. And with both of my previous adoptions, what I couldn't pay by myself or get a grant for, I took out adoption loans and put the rest on credit cards to cover the remaining costs. In fact, I still have an adoption loan.....from Elijah's adoption.

Sounds crazy right? In fact....alot of people feel that if you can't afford to pay for your adoption, then you should not adopt. How terrible would that be if that were the case for everyone who wanted to adopt? The truth of the matter is that almost no one has $30,000 sitting around waiting to be used on an adoption. And sadly, the ones that do have that kind of money, will probably never adopt. Where would that leave the 147 million orphans in our world? The ones that suffer in silence, the ones without a voice, the ones hidden from society, the ones left to die.....

This isn't dramatics, it's the cold hard truth! And that is why today I shamelessly plead for help to raise the money we need to bring Liam home. I will fight for this child... as if I gave birth to him myself. I will jump through hoops, go into debt, cry out to God and plead to all of you....until the day that I can bring him out of the prison he has been sentenced to.

So, last year, I may have been horrified by the thought of asking.....but today I stand before you and ask you to help......

We will be having continious fundraisers until the day we bring Liam home. With every donation, you will not only be helping us to adopt Liam...but you also may receive something from one of our giveaways......that's the fun part:)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound exactly like me, Amy!! When I adopted Erik, I only asked 2 people to help: my mom and a guy who runs a foundation in Russia that paid for Nikolai's adoption in full! No WAY would I want to ask people to give me money!

    That said, I admire you greatly for swallowing your pride and asking for help! Liam NEEDS you, and your mother bear inside will do what is needed to help him!

    Hugs to you!

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We felt the same way when we committed to Nathan. Asking for help was a huge stretching experience for us. I can't tell you how in awe of God and the way He works through people we have been in the past several months. What seemed impossible has come to pass and we have the funds to go get our boy:-) I just know God is going to work miracles for you and Liam too!

    ReplyDelete