Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Waiting..........

is such a hard thing to do. I am not so good at it either. You would think that with two previous adoptions behind me that I would learn to be a little more patient when it comes to waiting for a travel date. But with Liam’s adoption, I find myself worrying too. “Liam is older, and he has waited long enough,” I tell God, “I don’t know where he has been transferred. What if he is scared and hungry?” 
I do know that it will happen in God’s perfect timing and I hold onto my faith that God will take care of Liam until I can get to him. But it is still hard to wait.


So this is what we have been doing lately,……
The boys have started back to school and I have gone back to teaching after a much needed and relaxing summer break.

Caleb is now in third grade and was so super excited to go back to school. He is anxiously awaiting his 9th birthday in October. He keeps telling everyone that it’s his turn and his birthday is next.  I just can’t believe how big he has grown and how smart he is! I am so proud of him. I can’t thank God enough for choosing me to be his Mommy!

Elijah is now 5 and is in his last year of the Early Childhood special education program. Next year, it's Kindergarten baby! He knows all of his letters and is quite the artist. He is constantly drawing with his magnadoodle.  He is very independent and dresses himself with just a little help from Mama. And he has grown a couple inches, but he is still Mommy’s little peanut.

Jimmy has begun a new year in the Young Adult program. He works out and swims each morning at the Recreation center before taking the bus to his job at Benito’s pizza. He bowls every Wednesday after school too. He is just as social as ever and just a little while ago took off to spend the night with a friend! And he LOVES Trigger. He has claimed him as his puppy, which I think is pretty awesome:)


Caleb playing after school. He still LOVES this old Fisher Price House.:)


Elijah after school. Please don't mind the messy shirt. I'm sure he was doing something messy and extremely FUN at school.

Giggling with Caleb.

Please pray with us for a travel date soon. I can't wait to hold Liam in my arms and tell him that HIS MAMA is finally here!:)

5 comments:

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL... Family... Hugs and prayers my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. waiting is hard, especially when you just don't know what's happening to your little love. But it's a test of faith and the Lord promises us that this too is going to grow our character & our need for Him. I have no doubt He's holding our boys safe until we can. And, like you...I can't wait to hold, to breath in, to feel my little boy..real in my arms♥
    The boys are all looking so great! I can't believe it's school time already again :) But does our teaching ever really end?? lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pictures! I love that Jimmy loves Trigger so much - my kind of kid - a dog lover!!

    So sorry your wait is so hard. Waiting is just such a hard part about this. Now that you are funded, it's gotta be WORSE!! lol Your dossier has been submitted, hasn't it? What is it that you are waiting on now? Just a travel date??

    Love ya, girl! :o)

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying you get a date soon and can hold Liam in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying you get your travel date soon!!! Love all the pictures, your family seems like so much fun! I can't wait to see pictures of your little guy!

    ReplyDelete