Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Dream Come True

We spent the afternoon with Garth and his beautiful wife Trisha Yearwood. It was Jimmy's dream come true! As a mother, this was such a huge blessing to see this special moment. Jimmy has always loved Garth and his music. I can't put into words what today meant to Jimmy.

Goofing around with Garth!

Hanging out and waiting for our pizza.

Jimmy was pretty smitten with the very pretty Trisha Yearwood!

Jimmy wearing Garth's hat and glasses while we rode with Garth and Trisha in their truck.

Trisha was so sweet to Jimmy. It really made my heart smile!

Trisha, Jimmy and Garth

Me, Jimmy, Garth and Ben

Jimmy and Garth. They were cracking each other up!

Me, Jimmy, Garth, Ben and Trisha

I can't say enough about Garth and Trisha. They are the most down to earth, couple that you will ever meet. Their kindness was genuine and they made this day so special for Jimmy. And Jimmy was on top of the world! It was definitely a dream come true!

25 comments:

  1. I am so happy that Jimmy got to meet his favorite singer. And I know you and Ben also enjoyed the experience. Patti was the only one I told about this special trip, I was thinking of all of you today and how Jimmy would be meeting Garth. I am so happy for Jimmy and I'm glad Garth is as down to earth that you say he is. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Amy!!)) That is SO AWESOME! I'm so totally thrilled for Jimmy! I love seeing our children make impacts on the poeple whove made impacts on them :D Totally cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I am so jealous of Jimmy... lol and well, you and Ben too :) I grew up in the next county over from where Trisha grew up and have always loved her and Garth. Jimmy, you are one lucky dude :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Amy! How cool! How did this happen? Amazing! I'm sure Jimmy (and you!) will never forget this special day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this just makes me so happy! I love love love that Jimmy got to meet Garth and Trisha. Thanks for sharing all of the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful post! It made me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMY! What an amazing opportunity! Jimmy will never forget this day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you kidding? That is soooo dang awesome!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just too awesome!! I can't even imagine how happy Jimmy was!!! So exciting!! I love them as singers too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He did it!!!!!!!! So, so, so happy for Jimmy. I'm in tears...this is beautiful. Thank you for a smile, tonight, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness! Is that a memory to treasure or what!? How neat that you guys got to spend the whole day with them; looks like it was a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Jimmy! That is my dream AND Leanne's dream come true! Now I love Mr. Brooks and Ms. Yearwood even more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Jimmy! That is my dream AND Leanne's dream come true! Now I love Mr. Brooks and Ms. Yearwood even more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is completely awesome. I'm glad that they were so wonderful to Jimmy and that he had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WHAT!!!! How did this happen!! LOL!! How EXCITING!!
    YEAH Jimmy!! :o)
    ((((HUG))))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! This makes my heart burst! I used to work at WACAP and read your blog occasionally; this is the first time I've been back since July and I can't start smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  17. AWWWW!!!!! I hope I can meet Jimmy one day. He sounds so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh how amazing!!!! LOVE the pics you are all so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How COOL is that!!!!I am so happy for Jimmy!!! Loved all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!!!! How did we miss this post. Such great pics and what a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh how AWESOME is that !!!!

    I would love to meet Garth and Trisha .

    ReplyDelete