Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy 4th Gotcha Day Elijah

I can't believe it has been 4 years. I still remember it like it was yesterday. I traveled on both trips alone to bring home this precious bundle. I spent most of my time alone talking with God mostly about court. I was worried. Some things had transpired in the US during the year I was adopting and I was afraid it may jeopardize Elijah's adoption. I was prepared to do whatever I could to bring him home. I had to prepare a 10 minute speech that basically covered as much about me and my family, what we could provide for Elijah, and what his life would be like. I walked into the court and instantly felt the presence of God. The proceedings went smoothly and after about an hour, I was granted Elijah's adoption and had the 10 days waived! God is good! The next day, my facilitator and I drove to the orphanage to bring Elijah out of the orphanage for good. He had a mama, a family, and a future. Happy Gotcha Day Elijah! I am so blessed to have you for my son! Thank you Jesus!
Just getting back to the hotel after leaving the orphanage.

Embassy day! Last thing to do before flying home. :)

Elijah coloring eggs for Easter this year. I love you sweet boy!
 
Love,
Mama

1 comment: