Sunday, January 12, 2014

Liam's 2nd Gotcha Day

It's hard to believe that Liam's been home for 2 years. It seems like only yesterday, Ben and I were springing him from the institution. This precious boy of mine has taught me so much about love. Unlike his brothers, Liam is nonverbal, except for an occasional "Mama". He displays his love through his actions. He loves to cuddle and to receive hugs and kisses. He loves to be picked up, and I am thankful that he's a little squirt! He's funny, and he does this little head wobble sometimes, that earned the nickname, "the bobble head". He's playful and silly. He knows that he is loved. Without saying a word, he lets me know that he is happy and he's safe. I know this because he laughs and giggles, especially at bed time. And for me, I receive such satisfaction from loving a child, who can't verbally say I love you back. But I feel it. And that's what I have learned about love. It doesn't always have to verbally expressed. It feels so good to love Liam, and it feels so good, to be loved by Liam.

No comments:

Post a Comment