Thursday, April 16, 2009

Home a week





Emptying toys from the bins and putting them into the toy box:)




We have been home a week today and it has been wonderful. Elijah is fitting in nicely and sleeping well at night, thank goodness. He is not crazy about naps though, he would rather sleep in my arms (I love this too) or in the truck (LOL!).

He is catching on to things quickly. He signs three words without any prompting. I may say the word but do not have to make the sign. He signs "eat" "drink" and "all done". He will also show you where his nose is when asked. He responds to his name and when you ask him "Where is Elijah?", he will point to himself. His favorite song so far is When you're Happy and you know it and he will clap, stomp his feet, and throw his hands in the air all by himself.

He was afraid of the bath while we were in Russia, but after I brought his ball into the tub, that's all it took to have him see it's not so bad. Now he can't get into the tub fast enough, when it's bath time.:)

He is still a little picky eater, but I know with time he will be eating more of a variety. He does love his yogurt and his cookies!

He loves Caleb and lights up when he sees him. Caleb is doing better at playing with him and not just taking his toys or running a car into him. LOL! Typical big brother....but I have to say Caleb loves his "baby Elijah". He can't wait to see him in the morning and insists that Elijah's highchair is right next to his chair at meal times. Jimmy loves him and wants to show Elijah off to everyone. We are going up to Jimmy's class today so he can introduce his friends to Elijah. Ben has been bringing friends over to meet Elijah. They all get a big kick out of him. Ben thinks it is so cool that Elijah is so funny and smart. He also keeps saying, "He's so cute and small!" :) Tomorrow I am taking Elijah to my classroom so my students can meet him. They have been so excited about the adoption and are very excited to see Elijah in person.

I am so thankful to be home finally with Elijah. What a journey this adoption has been. Adoption is a leap of faith but when God calls on you to adopt, remember that he will never leave you alone to do things by yourself. He is always there making things happen in His time. Waiting is sometimes the hardest part of all, but trusting that God is in control is what will give you peace throughout the process. Believe me, I had to call on God several times for peace, understanding, and patience that it will happen when it is supposed to happen.

Adoption has been God's plan for our family and we have been rewarded with the gift of both Caleb and Elijah. God is Good!

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
2 Corinthians 9:15 NKIV

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post!! I'm so happy to see everything working out so wonderfully. :o)

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a sucker for little boys in pj's! They are so adorable!!! How wonderful that this adoption is finally complete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great update!! Just beautiful!
    Joy,RR

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too cool. I love how your boys are all so excited to have another one to join the family. It is so good to see how God has rewarded your faithfulness. It has been quite a journey for you!

    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for all of you. Elijah is entirely too cute and seems to fit so well with your family. God is great and always knows what he is doing. Bless all of you.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post Amy, I am so happy for you, I can;t wait to read your blog so I can see how everythin gis going. PTL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your boys are so adorable! I am glad to see that Elijah is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, Elijah is gorgeous!! The boys all look so happy and I am thrilled that you guys are home. I hope you are enjoying your new little man. Don't forget to join us at the After the Rainbow group, OK???

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elijah is just so precious! Amy you are blessed with a beautiful bunch of boys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a beautiful bunch of boys
    I am somewhat speechless,,, that does not happen often.
    Blessings
    TiffanyRR

    ReplyDelete