Friday, July 31, 2009

Our vacation




I couldn't help thinking as I watched Caleb playing in the ocean today how different his life would be if he had remained in Russia. He would be languishing away in an institution with no one to love him, how sad! But instead, he is happy, loved and vacationing in Florida with his family. God is Good!


Elijah and Uncle Sean

These are photos from today. Jimmy and Ben are visiting their Dad who lives about 15minutes away from my brother. We missed them yesterday when they stopped by and we weren't home. Hopefully we'll catch up with them soon. Today we went to a Mexican restaurant with my brother Sean and his roomate Mark. Afterwards we went to a park so the boys could play. Caleb made a mad dash to the ocean with Mark close on his heels! Caleb wants to be in the water whenever he sees it, and he has no fear so we have to keep a close eye on him! After the park, the guys went to work and I took Caleb and Elijah to the beach. It was a beautiful sunny day with blue skies, and warm water! We had a great time. Elijah felt so relaxed in the water while I was holding him, he put his little head on my shoulder. Caleb stayed in the water almost the whole time we were there. Then we stopped at "Donalds" on the way home.:)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys are having a wonderful time! That is aweseome! I agree, Caleb has no idea what his life would have been like. Thank goodness these boys will never know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you and the boys are having such a good time on your vacation. I loved the pic with Sean holding Elijah, I haven't seen Sean since his graduation from Eastern except for a picture of him with your grandmother and grandfather the November before grandpa passed. Keep showing those great pictures of your family I so look forward to seeing them. Love you all, Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete