Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Beach








We are in Florida right now visiting my brother. We went to the beach today, even though they said there was an 80% chance of rain. It did rain this morning but has been dry the rest of the day and it was nice while we were there. Caleb was so excited to see the water. He ran right into it laughing! And he laughed every time a wave knocked him down too. He loves the water! Elijah, not so much. The waves scared him but he did sit on my lap and push his little feet in the wet sand. One thing Elijah really enjoyed was playing in the sand with the pail and shovel. We had a good time and as we were leaving, Caleb asked to go to the beach again.:) I think once we go a couple times, Elijah will enjoy the water too.:)

I wanted to thank Shelley, Christy, and Rita again for meeting us in Alabama. It was really nice to see them!

5 comments:

  1. oh how fun. the boys look so cute at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I can't WAIT to take Simon to the beach near here! Too bad you were "up north" and not in our stretch of FL, but glad we treated you well! (And it's normal for "80% chance of rain" to mean that you certainly will get rain, but it only lasts a few minutes!) Glad you're having fun, and as always, CUTE PICTURES!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found my way here through The Chronicles of Household Six and wanted to invite your family to participate in the T21 Traveling Afghan Project! The afghan is traveling from one family to another who has a member with Down syndrome. The photos of everyone with the afghan are then put on our website at www.thet21travelingafghanproject.com.

    Please check it out and consider joining!

    Thanks!
    CJ (Mom to Emmalee)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boys look like they are having fun. I'm glad you were able to take the kids to see Sean, I bet he was glad to see all of you, it's been awhile hasn't it. I hope you have a great vacation. What your friend said about Jimmy was really special. Love all of you, Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMy, Im so glad you and the boys are having a great time. It is a totally different time with your children when they are experiencing something and you know what their life WOULD have been...It is just a joy!

    I loved meeting you all the other week. Your Jimmy is too sweet...and I can see a smile is always near with him.

    ReplyDelete