Sunday, September 20, 2009

A couple firsts:)

Today I brought out the potty chair for Elijah. I was curious to see what he would think about that. When I put him on, he was pretty unsure about it but once Caleb sat down on the toilet, Elijah was okay. He wasn't sure what to do, but shortly after Caleb went to the bathroom, Elijah did too! We clapped and cheered!!!Yay! Fast forward to tonight. It was bath time, so I put Elijah on the potty chair again. Believe it or not, he pooped on the potty chair. WhoooHoooo! We're cheering and clapping again! Then as I put Elijah into the tub, I hear Caleb shut the toilet behind me. I look in the potty chair and the poopoo was gone. Yep! Caleb picked it up with his hand and promptly disposed of it into the toilet! What do I say? Uh...thank you for helping Caleb. Then we wash his hands and I explain that we don't touch the poopoo with our hands.:):) Like I always say "Boys, Gotta Love 'Em!!

And yes, I did take a picture of Elijah's first poopoo in the potty chair, but I will spare you that one and just post a cute one of Elijah instead!

7 comments:

  1. Too Funny! That Elijah is one little cutie pie! It's so fun seeing how the older sibling can teach the younger -- almost everything :)

    Love, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! What a great milestone! Thank goodness for antibacterial soap. I love that Caleb was all about helping you! What a big boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Elijah!!! What a smartie pants!!

    I wish I had a "model" for Erik on how to use the potty, but none of the guys here want to show him!! LOL Maybe if I get out my billfold and try a bribe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those two are so great and soooo funny, I couldn't help laughing out loud. It is nice that Caleb wants to help his mommy like that.
    You are so lucky that Elijah took to the potty chair so quickly. Love you all. Aunt Sandy ( I am having problems getting my great grandson to use the potty).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay & Eeewww, lol! I have to say, I would of reacted exactly the same way..."Umm, thanks for your help" :) I have a huge favor to ask? I've been homeschooling my kids from the start & really, really wanted to be able to do the same w/ Isaac & Eli....but...I've been having such a difficult time schooling my older kids this year & working with my boys since Isaac's been home (I have great resources that I've found to teach me how to do the job & they've worked great up until now..Isaac & Eli egg each other on and reck havoc together most of the time, in a totally fun & a good way :) I know your a special ed teacher & am wondering if you can give me your professional opinion on if you think it would be more benificial for my boys to get their schooling outside our home? I hate to admit or even accept that I'm probably not equip to do this job :( I know the Lord brought my boys to me for a reason..maybe it's to accept that it doesn't mean I'm a bad mom by allowing others to help me do a good job with them. If you want to email me, my address is foxalysha@aol.com or you can just leave me your help on my blog. I'd really appeciate it TONS!! I really respect you & all you do. I know the Lord has you where your needed & I so want to be there too :) with my thanks, Alysha

    ReplyDelete