Monday, December 21, 2009

MIRACLES




Preparing for the holiday season this year has had an almost magical feeling to it. I'm not sure if I have ever felt quite like this before. The snow is brighter, the house feels warmer, the Christmas tree is prettier.......and Elijah is HOME and getting ready to celebrate his first Christmas with our family.

I am overwhelmed by God's plan and how He has brought Elijah into our family. Elijah has been home since April and each day since then has brought an incredible amount of joy! It has been nothing short of amazing to watch my baby boy grow and learn all about his world.

This time last year, Elijah was a little orphan without a family, spending his days and nights in a Russian orphanage. He was unaware at the time but he was so loved and missed last Christmas. I had met Elijah for the first time in October of 2008 and by the time Christmas came around, my heart was aching terribly to have my youngest child home with us.

Now Elijah is home and I am flooded with emotion as I see all that God has blessed me with. Before I was even born, God knew that these two precious children, Caleb and Elijah would be my sons one day. And by the MIRACLE of God, Caleb and Elijah who were born thousands of miles away on the other side of this world, are home with us ..... according to His Plan.

So as this Christmas approaches, I am praising God for His Miracles!

"Rejoice evermore....In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God."

Thessalonians 5:16, 18 KJV

6 comments:

  1. praise God he is home! Can't wait to read all about his first Christmas!

    peace and blessings!
    sb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, This post is so beautiful...it brought tears to my eyes. Enjoy your little men this glorious Christmas season.

    In Him, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures. Such great smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am blessed to have been a part of your life since the day you were born. To have been able to see how you have blossomed into the beautiful person you have become. God knew from the begining how precious you were and are, His plan for you to be the mother of 4 beautiful boys was the greatest gift of all. Merry Christmas to you,Ben,Jimmy,Caleb and Elijah, I love you all. Aunt Sandy. May the Good Lord hold all of you in the palm of his hand this Holiday Season and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praising God with you! He is such a cutie! And I can only imagine the joy in your heart to have him home to celebrate Christmas!

    I can not wait for that milestone with my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so sweet, Amy!! Your love for your boys is sooooo obvious and always brings a big smile to my face.

    Give those little buggers a hug from their Aunt Missy!!

    ReplyDelete