Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mikey






This is our dog Mikey. He doesn't get enough kuddos for just how special he is. This dog is the most loveable, patient, playful, funny dog I have ever known. As you can see from the pictures he is also very gentle with my boys. He is a "Gentle Giant". I say this because he weighs 100 lbs. which is large for a Golden Retriever. We were told his grandfather weighed 135 lbs.! He is such an obedient dog too. I give him his bath in the bath tub and it's not as hard as it sounds. It's actually quite easy, since he eagerly walks right in and jumps into the tub! How many dogs do that? Some of you may remember the pictures I posted in the summer of Caleb and Mikey playing with the water in the backyard. Caleb throws the water into the air and Mikey jumps up to catch it. This creates a lot of laughter from Caleb. At first, Elijah was a little intimidated by Mikey's size and by the fact that he was well, a dog! A very big dog! But as you can see, that has changed and Elijah climbs all over Mikey and Mikey just lays there.:)

9 comments:

  1. Amy, I just LOVE that picture in the header....they both look like they are smiling! So sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, that picture of Elijah on top if Mikey is the cutest thing I have seen in forever! It just made my night, thanks!
    I still have a small pile of Elmo stuff just haven't made it into a box and in the mail yet. It will get there before he outgrows it, I promise! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That totally makes me miss my Bliss. :(((

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great big dog you have. He looks very friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhh, Mikey what a good boy you are!!! Makes me miss Tash, and she isn't even gone just yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad the dog is so gentle with the boys, I have a fear of dogs and always have. It's great he is so good with the kids. Take care, Love you all, Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAAAYY!!! Pictures of your dog!!!! Golden Retrievers are the BEST dogs!!

    And I LOOOOVE the last picture of Elijah with him!

    Thank you, Amy!!! Dogs rule!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love your header picture! Just a boy and his dog...the sweetest thing I ever saw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Amy, i've been reading your blog for a while, but i've never left a comment. I just can say you have the most beautiful boys ever! Oh and i love big dogs, and goldens are one of my favorites! The picture of Elijah and the dog is one of the most beautiful things i've ever seen. Anyway, the reason i decided to write today is to share this post i've read in a blog from a mother who has recently had a beautiful girl with DS. Her blog is: http://enjoyingthesmallthings.blogspot.com/2010/01/nella-cordelia-birth-story.html

    ReplyDelete