Thursday, February 25, 2010

The JOY in little things




I am always delighted by the way my boys with Ds take joy in the little things in life. Or what I would call little. Like when Jimmy hears a funny noise and starts cracking up or when Elijah gets so excited to see Elmo on TV that he turns and gives me a big kiss! The other night I told Caleb that we were having spaghetti for dinner and his eyes lit up! He asked "And sauce?" I replied,"Yes" and then he asked "And cheese?" and I said "Yes, with sauce and cheese". Then he got excited and yelled "YESSSS!" (Just for the record we always have sauce and cheese on our spaghetti, so this was nothing new.:) But his reaction was so darn cute! And you should have seen his face when I put the bowl of spaghetti down in front of him! He smiled and said "WOW!":) I just love this little guy so much and I love the way he gets so excited for spaghetti!! I need to take a few lessons from my boys and stop and take JOY in the little things more often!

9 comments:

  1. You are so right, Amy! I need to slow down and appreciate the little things my girls' deem are the big things....like Spaghetti! It's a HUGE deal in our house too. Oh, and we always have sauce & cheese too. Then, it's bath time for both girls! HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! They have a totally different perspective on life-one that would be better for all of us to have! They are so adorable as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spaghetti seems to be the happy meal, my great-grandson Caleb likes my spaghetti when I make it, Heck I Love the spaghetti just as much probably my most favorite meal. And your Caleb knows what the best too and I enjoyed seeing him enjoying it so much. Sometimes I have to take my Calebs shirt off before he eats or he is wearing the sauce all over the shirt. Love you guys, Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, how beautiful he is! I love his enthusiasum. Their joy is so pure and uninhibited, it's terrific! We sure are blessed by our special kids :oD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caleb has got to be one of the cutest boys out there! :)

    In your previous post, I LOVE Elijahs "I see Elmo" expression! ... Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that for me that's part of the wonder that blesses me so much. That unjaded sense of the wonder of life! Thanks for reminding me until I have someone of my own to remind me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too!! How great God is have given us constant reminders in our little guys, huh? I love it...and speghetti too! :D...Hmm, sounds like I know what's for dinner tonight,lol :)
    PS...thanks to you, my Isaac & Eli start school on Monday~Sooo excited for them! Thanks Amy :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that is just so pre-CIOUS!!!

    I LOVE your blog posts, Amy!!

    I can't wait until Erik starts to talk and stuff - I think he will be that way, too, as he already gets SO excited about everything!

    ReplyDelete