Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Precious Moments





Tonight it was just Caleb and me. Jimmy spent the night with a friend, Ben is out with friends, and Elijah konked out after riding around for an hour looking at Christmas lights. And tonight has been fun and special. We ate popcorn and watched Rudolph's Shiny New Year. We shared many hugs and giggles. I love this child of mine more than words can say.

While driving around earlier tonight looking at lights, the thought came to mind... What would I be doing at this moment if I hadn't adopted Caleb or Elijah? I can't imagine it. No matter what I would have been doing, it couldn't compare to the pure joy I received from hearing my little 8 year old Russian born son, calling from the back seat, "Go that way Mom!"

The sound of his laughter over the sight of Christmas lights felt like a kiss from Heaven.

6 comments:

  1. How sweet, you and your little man. I never see a picture of you without think how pretty you are either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a very blessed evening, just you and your angels sent from God. Love you all, Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious for sure! I love your Christmas pictures. I just love to see your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post. :o) Caleb is such a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So blessed indeed! I love those special moments. & for sure..nothing can compare to what & where we are in life now. Who knew this is what God had in store...Thank You Lord!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete