Tuesday, January 24, 2012

10 days

Liam has been home 10 days. It seems like he has always been here.:) He has added even more joy to our family. The boys have really adjusted well to each other (alot better than I anticipated). We have a pretty good routine going so far. I couldn't ask for anything more.


At 7 years old, Liam weighs in at 28 lbs. and is 38 inches tall. He has gone to the dentist and the pediatrician so far. After a good cleaning and some xrays, the dentist said that Liam has severe gingavitus and periodontal disease. This is because his teeth were not taken care of while he was an orphan. To be honest, it looked like they had never been brushed. But now they are beautiful and he has no cavities! Our dentist is going to consult with a periodontist before we go back next month.
Liam can feed himself and also drink from a cup independently. Right now, he only eats mashed foods. In fact, he refuses to eat anything that is not in a bowl and served with a spoon. My main concern is that he eats right now since he is so small.....but we will gradually be working on introducing solid foods also.
We are working on a few signs. Today he signed "all done" by himself.:)
He LOVES to take a bath. He gets upset when bath time is done.
He loves to watch cartoons. He really likes Mickey Mouse and Signing Time videos.We all went to see Beauty and the Beast at the theater the other day and he was glued to the screen. It was so cute!!
He loves music.:)
He is a cuddler and loves to be picked up and will always come and sit on my lap, if I am in the room.
He is really sweet and very smiley.
He sleeps like an angel all night long.
He also likes to ride in the car. He gets excited when I am putting his coat on to go outside.
He will still keep a hat on but has decided that socks are for the birds.


Tomorrow we go to enroll him in school and also begin to have some testing done. He will not start until mid February, when I go back to work. Right now, I am soaking up every minute with him......and loving it!

13 comments:

  1. what a lucky little boy!
    amy, you are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is beautiful and wonderful. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing him at home where he belongs. So glad he is doing so well.

    Katrina
    Carlene's soon to be momma :)
    www.operationorphannomore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post on how Liam is doing! I have to admit I teared up reading that you went to the movies with your boys ... those little things like that that Liam has never experienced and would never have experienced had he remained an orphan. I can just imagine his wonder and awe at being in a movie theater - what a completely different experience from anything he's had before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad is he fitting right in. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just LOVE this! What a boy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad he has adjusted so well, he always seems to be smiling in all of the pictures that you post. I pray he adjusts to school just as well, will he be in a class with Elijah? Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been ten days already? Wow! I am so happy for all of you that things are going well. What a blessing you are to each other.

    Tell Liam that I love his smile! He's got a killer one, and I hope he never loses it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a blessing to see him home & finding his place so quickly..and I love that his brothers have found it so easy to welcome him :) That no doubt has to feel good all around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy, he is precious! He's sounds like he is adjusting so well. I love the pictures. That's one happy little boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I"m so happy things have been going so well. What a precious angel. Thank you for sharing him with us. I love to log in and see some pics and an update on our little man. He sure is tiny though...I'm sure he will have quite a growth spurt now that he is home with his Momma and his brothers :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. His smile is so contagious! I love your photos of him and his brothers too! He does look small next to them but he will catch up soon! Praying the remaining bonding time remains precious and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Amy! I'm so happy for you and your family. What a blessed little boy to come to such a loving and wonderful family!

    Min-aha

    ReplyDelete