Monday, October 1, 2012

Randomness





Liam and Elijah are both in kindergarten this year. They had a paper to do over the weekend where they needed to practice writing their first name several times. I wish I had taken a picture of Elijah’s before we sent it back to school because he did such a great job. Liam is not at this level developmentally so he didn’t do his. But he did practice holding a crayon and coloring without throwing it. Caleb reads every night and we record it in his reading log for school. Sometimes he reads, and sometimes I read to him. All my boys love books.


The other morning, I got to put the boys on the bus. While I stood there waiting for them to get strapped in, I was waving at Liam. I also signed mama. Next thing I knew, he was signing mama and waving back. My heart just about burst.





Caleb and Elijah are the best of buddies most of the time. But they have a few things that they can’t agree on. They argue over who gets to turn the light on, who gets to choose a movie, who gets to let the dog out, who gets to let the dog in, who gets to open the door, who gets to get the juice out of the refrigerator…..I am going to have to get a little job chart together real soon! But I find it very comical at times, although I don’t let them know. I also am very happy to see them acting like other typical kids do with their siblings. Squabbling and all.:)



Jimmy has been his busy self, going out to eat or to a movie with friends, bowling on Wednesdays, and keeping me up to date with pretty much an hourly weather report. I love those weather reports! When Jimmy’s TV is on, he is usually watching a video or watching the national weather. He doesn’t usually watch regular TV shows.  Jimmy’s weather reports always include the temperature, chance of rain, cloudy or sunny skies….. and sometimes he adds what he wants for dinner in there too. For example, he may say, “Today is 70 degrees, cloudy skies, low wind, chance of rain 30%, and chili hotdogs for dinner.” 


3 comments:

  1. your boys are doing so well, I love that Liam signed mama and waved that is great. I like how the boys squabble over things. your right that is no different then other siblings. I love Jimmy's weather reports especially his dinner order with it. He is a hoot, I love all 5 of your boys and you. Take care and God Bless. Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kids, I really do! I'd just love to hang out with them all for a day; I'd probably have a total blast! Plus, being a library assistant, writer, and avid reader myself, I'm sure we would spend some time reading to each other too. Total joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had to tell you I have my very own weatherman too!! Danny tells me every morning as we are leaving for school that it's 'sunny and cool out'. I guess that's he wish everyday that it would in fact be sunny and cool out LOL. Your boys are all so precious...and I agree with the above commenter...I'd love to hang out with you all for a day too!!

    ReplyDelete