Thursday, October 11, 2012

What I would tell her.........

Just 3 more days until Caleb's birthday and he is super excited!

Every time one of my sweet little Russian born sons have a birthday, I can't help but think of his birthmother.So when October comes around, does Caleb's birthmom try and block it from her mind? Does she replay his birth over and over? Does she have a baby picture of him that she keeps close to her? Does she wonder about him? It will be 10 years on Sunday since she gave birth to my precious son. Does she know that he's been adopted? Is she curious as to what he looks like? As a mother, I can't imagine the heart wrenching decision she had to make 10 years ago.....and how it may still effect her today. My heart goes out to her and I hope and pray that somehow, she knows that he is loved. I couldn't love him more, if I had given birth to him myself. He and his brothers are my world.

If I ever got the chance.....I would like to tell her:


That he is BEAUTIFUL
He is smart
He is funny
He is so loving
He can also be a little stinker
He loves school
He absolutely loves to swim
He loves to play outside
He likes to go for walks
He loves music
He likes Max and Ruby
He likes to take pictures
He can use a computer very well
He loves to turn the lights off and play with a flashlight
He likes to blow bubbles

He has many friends
He is a good little brother and an awesome big brother
He is a good eater
He is a good sleeper
He is healthy
He likes going to the waterpark
He likes pizza, nachos, chips, pretzels, popcorn, ice cream, salad, and BREAD and much more
He doesn't like things that stick in his teeth and he doesn't like pop
He likes to go to McDonalds, Dairy Queen, the movies, the carwash, and more.....
He likes riding in elevators and on escalators
He likes jumping on the trampoline and off the diving board at the pool
He loves books
He can read
His favorite toys are cars and trucks, especially fire trucks



And most importantly...I would tell her that the difficult decision that she made 10 years ago, was not in vain. Caleb is a shining star! He has a wonderful life that is filled with Love, Jesus, family, school, friends, and happiness. He also has a future that holds endless possibilities.

 
 
And then I would thank her. Thank her for the most precious gift of all.....Caleb. This awesome little guy (who is not so little anymore) means the world to me!
 
 
I love you Fudgie.....to the moon and back! And I can't wait to celebrate your birthday on Sunday.
Love,
Mama
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! He is so adorable (as all your family is)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy you put that so beautifully, no one could express their love for their child the way you just did. I love you and your five sons, I pray that Caleb turns out really great and fun filled on Sunday. Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such precious gifts our babies bio moms have given us for sure.♥ I would tell her thanks too..because his life even blesses me and I'm miles and miles away. Happy almost b-day Caleb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, Amy. Wish you could send it to her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the others...beautiful!!! I know that he is all that and more....always smiling as big as his mouth will possibly let him. Loving Life all of the time!!!! Caleb I hope you have a great birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete