Monday, January 14, 2013

Happy Birthday Liam!

Yesterday was Liam's 8th birthday. It is the second birthday spent with Mama and the first birthday here in the U.S. with our family. Last year, I was told that I could travel to pick Liam up on January 14, 2012. My facilitator said she could do some necessary paperwork before I got there. But I told her no. I would be coming on the 11th. Why? Because Liam's birthday was on the 13th and I wanted so badly for him to not spend another birthday inside of an institution. So, I arrived on the 11th and took him out of the institution on the 12th and celebrated his birthday together on the 13th. Last year he started his birthday off bright and early with a visit from the Dr. who would okay him to come home. Then we went to the Embassy for our interview. Crazy but very exciting way to celebrate his birthday. He didn't realize the importance of it all, but I did.



He wanted absolutely nothing to do with his cake. He kept pushing it away. But he did eat a little chocolate ice cream.:)

This year Liam is home with us right where he belongs. I am so thankful for this cute little pint-size 8 year old of mine. He is precious beyond words. We love you so much Liam Josiah. You are such a blessing to all of us!

2 comments:

  1. Such a doll, really he is. (Yeah, but all your boys are :) Love your new blog look.. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. he does look like he enjoyed his birthday, love his smile.

    ReplyDelete