Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pictures from Liam's adoption 2011- 2012

Going through my blog, I realized that I didn't post very many pictures at all from my time in Russia. I was in Russia in March 2005, June 2005, October 2008, March and April 2009, November and December 2011 and January 2012. I loved my time spent in this beautiful country. I have a special place in my heart for Russia even though I don't agree with how they treat their disabled citizens. Russia allowed me to come into their country 7 times and bring three precious little boys home with me. I pray that Russia will again allow foreigners to adopt one day, because really, we are the disabled children's only chance of having a family to call their own.

TRIP 1
                       
                                                                     
Our home away from home. We stayed in an apartment on the 7th floor.

Our cute and cozy kitchen

Living room/bedroom

Other side of living room/ bedroom
 
Typical Russian car (kinda cute in a funny sort of way). During Liam's adoption, I didn't ride in one, but I did during Caleb's adoption in 2005.

Ben decided that Russian bread is too small, so this is what his sandwiches looked liked when he finished making them. :)

Ben and Me,
Red Square November 2011

The outside of Liam's institution. We entered through the door on the right. (This pic was taken by a worker here. I was not here in June 2012)

Meeting my precious Liam

Playing with Liam, day 2 of first trip in November 2011. This was the room that we met in for each visit. It was a therapy room, but I don't think it was used often.

I fell in love with his big, brown soulful eyes.

Military Museum in Moscow

Inside the military museum in Moscow

Space Museum in Moscow
 
TRIP 2
                                                                  
When I arrived to see Liam, he had a scratch on his cheek and a crushed middle finger. So small and defenseless. I knew then that he was not safe there.
 
Red Square in December 2011

On December 24th, I went to a Russian Circus.

This is me in front of the Moscow Courthouse on December 27th 2011, where I was declared Liam Josiah's Mama!
 
 
TRIP 3
 
After 7 long years, my sweet boy is FREE at last!
January 12, 2012

5 comments:

  1. So happy for you and your sweet, adorable family! Blessings, Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theres this magic and a love for the countries our blessings come from..Kinda like it's this dream place where we get these little dreams come true that stay with us once we wake up back in our own beds ;) Love ya! Lysh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pics you've posted of all the boys you adopted over there. I know Ben enjoyed his time there. Liam is the only one I believe you took from the institution and you had many beautiful pics from there when you came back with Liam. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete