Saturday, January 3, 2015

There will always be toys.....

Someone told me, shortly after Jimmy was born, "You will always have toys under your Christmas tree."  That made me feel so happy inside, just thinking about it. And it's true, one of Jimmy's favorite gifts this year, was Constantine (the bad Kermit) from Muppets Most Wanted.
There is always excitement for Christmas in our house, every year, it seems to be more magical, than the last. I don't think it would be that way, if I didn't have Jimmy, or his little brothers. You see, we will always have visits to see Santa, always be counting down the days to Christmas, and I will always overhear one of them saying, "Santa is watching you." to the other one. :) I love it! And I do feel sorry for the people, who will never get, what I have. I would have missed out on so much love and fun times, if it wasn't for my boys with that little something extra. I think that I would have probably had a happy life, but I would never know what I was missing, and that would be unfortunate. I am grateful, I am blessed, and I wouldn't trade my life with anyone. Sure, there are some difficult times, but every parent has difficult times. So the next time, you see me out with my boys, don't think to yourself, "She's a saint, or I couldn't do that.", because what you don't realize, is that my life is real good. I am extremely happy! And, I don't envy you, I actually feel sorta sad, that you will never experience, what I have. I have been given a secret look, into Heaven. Not everyone gets that. I don't know what I did to be blessed this way, but I am eternally grateful to our Father, for choosing me.



3 comments:

  1. That was beautiful and I am so happy your life has been blessed. I love you all. Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful blog <3 It IS a blessing to know there will always be child-like wonder at Christmas, and every day, in our homes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, this is an absolutely wonderful post!!! Thank you for putting to words what I often try to explain to people but can't.

    ReplyDelete