Thursday, November 15, 2007

Benjamin



Ben is my 16 year old and also my middle son. He is also my shy one when it comes to taking his picture. I managed to get a couple shots of him recently and wanted to share them. Ben is a wonderful young man who has a big heart for all living things, but especially individuals with special needs and animals. He has been both a younger brother to Jimmy and at times the "older" brother also. When I told him I wanted to adopt a little boy, he was very excited. When I told him about Caleb and said "You realize that he has DS?" Ben's response was "And your point is...??" He is a remarkable brother to both Jimmy and Caleb. Ben is a great young man all around. He has a good sense of humor and still enjoys hanging out with mom. He never lets a day go by without telling me that he loves me and giving me a hug. You know when you were younger and you misbehaved and your parents would say, "I hope you have a kid just like you." ? Well, I hope that one day Ben is blessed to have a son who is just like him, and that's a very GOOD thing!

3 comments:

  1. You have such great kids. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As handsome as Ben is, he shouldn't be camera shy, but isn't it refreshing that he is! Aren't you excited to think about his life as an adult, with such a compassionate heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have been blessed to have such a beautiful family

    ReplyDelete