Sunday, December 9, 2007

GOTCHA!!!




These are pictures of Caleb's Gotcha Day (the day he officially became my son). No longer an orphan, Caleb now had a family. He was a son and a little brother now. These pictures are my favorite. The top one I always refer to as the "WE DID IT" picture. It was taken right after the court declared Caleb my son. We drove straight from the courthouse to Caleb's orphanage, showed them the adoption decree and they brought Caleb to me. Here I was holding my youngest son. I remember thinking to myself, I am a mother of three. I prayed for this day for so long!! Of course, Caleb did not realize what was happening or how his life was about to change. No more endless hours waiting in a crib for a smile or a touch. No more rocking himself to sleep every night. Caleb was going HOME with his Mommy.
Notice Caleb's outfit? Because they have a limited amount of clothes, the orphanage puts the children in clothes that fit, even if they have boys wearing girls clothes. See these little red girls shoes? Caleb's little feet were about a size too big for them. Here is Caleb in the bottom photo wearing the clothes that I brought for him. This is the first time Caleb had clothes of his own. I look at these pictures often and replay over every moment of that day. It truly was a blessed day and one of the most important days of our lives.

2 comments:

  1. What sweet pictures Amy! I love the one of you holding Caleb with both of you just grinning from ear to ear! What a wonderful moment!
    Thanks for sharing...

    Christina
    from RR

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, Amy! You both look so happy--and you were!! I love celebrating Gotcha Day and remembering the wonderful thing God did in bringing family together. Jill

    ReplyDelete