Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Getting ready for Elijah

I miss little Elijah so much. Some days are harder than others. I really miss him in the evenings because I know that he is just getting up and ready to start his day. I wonder if someone is holding him and making him smile. Are they singing to him and taking him to play in the ball pit? I pray that he is loved and happy and stays healthy until I can bring him home. Caleb smiles every time we say Elijah's name in our prayers. I refer to him as baby Elijah to Caleb because Elijah is so small. I know Caleb will make a great big brother. Jimmy is ready for Elijah to come home too. Everytime we go shopping, he picks out toys and asks if we can buy them for Elijah. Needless to say, Elijah already has an impressive collection of toys waiting for him. His Rockin Puppy came in the mail yesterday, I can just imagine the smile he will have on his face when he rocks on it.:) We should get a court date soon, so it won't be long now until our little Peanut is home!:)

3 comments:

  1. Still following along! As soon as you have a court date I can disburse the rest of your grant! ---Andrea Roberts, Reece's Rainbow Down Syndrome Adoption Ministry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just what you mean about waiting and wondering if they're loving your little one during the wait. So hard to be away once you've seen and held him!!! It should be soon and he'll be home with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine how you must long to have your little Elijah with you. I'm praying for you this morning. I'm sure the day can't come soon enough! He is just about the age and size of David, right?

    ~Julie
    www.love4ourboys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete