Sunday, June 21, 2009

Annual DSST Family Picnic

Elijah loves being outside.

Caleb and a friend playing the music chimes.

Caleb playing in the big sand box.:)

Jimmy enjoying the delicious food.:)

Elijah having a snack.

Today we had our annual Down syndrome support team family picnic. And of course we had a lot of fun! There was plenty of good food to eat and the kids all had fun playing on the play structure at the park. We were also treated to a Magic Show which Jimmy got a big kick out of.:) I love to see the families with their children all together smiling and having fun. Each year there are always a few newbies to the group bringing their new little ones with Ds. Elijah was introduced to everyone and he won them over with his adorable smile.

*Just my opinion, but I have always hated the name Down syndrome support group. I would rather see it called the Down syndrome Celebration group! After all, our children with Down syndrome are definitely worth celebrating!:)

12 comments:

  1. I just love your boys! I can't believe how much Elijah has changed. Thanks for sharing your family with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys are precious. I agree with you, children with DS are cause for celebration. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I think I'm gonna have to form a celebration group of my own! I like your thinking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love seeing pictures of your boys! Oh... and our local DS group name has "outreach group" instead of support group.... not quite the celebration, but a little more positive than support???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy,
    I have to visit your blog every single time I see an update. When I am having a bad day all I have to do is visit your blog and just read your posts. I LOVE all of your boys and would love to one day meet all of you. All of your boys are such cutie pies (I know Ben would just love that expression,lol) You are such a great mom to all of them and I hope that I am able to be the kind of mother to my child(ren) that you are.

    Christy
    www.dailynewsofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christy,
    Your comment was so sweet it brought tears to my eyes. I feel the same way when reading your blog. You are going to make an awesome Mom and very, very soon too!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like all the kids had a fantastic time, I think it is great how you all are able to get together like that. I hope you and the kids have a great summer vacation. Love you all, Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elijah seems to have changed so much in the short time he's been home. You have such beautiful boys, and how happy they always look!

    I was supposed to volunteer facepainting at the Down Syndrome picnic in my city, but unfortunately its schedualed on the same day as my college orientation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have something for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughters and I loved looking at your blog tonight and seeing your precious boys. They just shine with happiness. The as about I have 4 children two of them are adopted..... really touched us I have never heard it put that way but it is perfect. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen Amy, I agree, it should be Celebration group. Everyone looks wodnerful, I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Amy, the boys look wonderful! What a happy birthday boy! I'm so happy for you and especially for Elijah! Hugs, Linda from RR

    ReplyDelete