Saturday, August 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Derek

Tracie, Renee, John and family,

I just don’t know how to thank you enough for sharing Derek’s birthday with us. When God called me to adopt Liam, I was so worried and afraid. The cost being the major obstacle. When I adopted Caleb and Elijah, I did everything I could not to have ask for anyone’s help. I knew though, to adopt Liam that I would have to ask others. And it hasn’t been easy. There are days when I just sit and pray, not knowing how in the world am I ever going to accomplish this. Each time I have doubted, God has stepped in and reassured me that He was with me. I have learned that this adoption is not about me, not what I am feeing but always about the child and God’s will. I have to remind myself that even though there are times when I am discouraged, that this is never about my feelings and fears. God has shown me that it is okay to ask for help when it’s needed. But nothing could have prepared me for what your family has done today. I’m still in tears after hearing from Renee earlier when she told me what you all were about to do. I am so unworthy of this amazing gift, but once again I am told….it isn’t about me, it’s about God and Liam and Derek and what he stood for. God Bless you and your family. I look forward to the day I get to meet Derek in Heaven and be able to thank him in person. God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment