Sunday, June 10, 2012

Seven years ago today......

I walked into an orphanage in Murom, Russia and scooped up my precious little boy. My third son, my beautiful Caleb Anatoly. It's hard to believe it's been that long ago. He was so small and so dang cute. Now, he's not so small but still pretty dang cute! Caleb has such a passion for life! He is always where the action is, always where the noise is! (He's the one usually making the noise. LOL) I seriously can't imagine this precious boy of mine living in an instituion right now, locked behind closed doors, never being able to go beyond the gates. Even the thought, brings tears to my eyes.

Today, Caleb is 9 years old and is finishing up the 3rd grade. He is reading now. He just loves school! He swims every morning at the high school before he starts his day. He uses a computer. He plays games on it. He can take pictures with it. He loves to take pictures of himself.:) He loves to go into my picture files and look at all of the pictures. One day I walked up when he was on the computer and he was editing my pictures. He likes to change their colors. Little stinker! He loves Max and Ruby and playing outside. And he gives the BEST hugs ever!

I love Caleb more than life itself. This precious boy of mine makes my heart smile. I am so thankful that God trusted me to be his Mama. Caleb, is my beautiful, wonderful, amazing gift from God. Happy Gotcha Day my little man! I love you more every day. :)

This is one of my favorite pictures. This was Gotcha Day June 10, 2005.  LOVE!

I love you sweet boy, to the moon and back!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Gotcha Day to sweet Caleb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Gotcha Day! I am so happy that he became a part of your family, you are all so lucky to have him Love him and you and your four other sons. Jimmy, Ben, Liam, Elijah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Gotcha Day, Caleb and Mommy! God bless! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. ♥ Happy Gotcha Day!..to the both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Gotcha day photo too!
    What a gift he looks to be for your family.
    :)

    ReplyDelete