Friday, June 1, 2012

There's ......"More"

It still amazes me that God chose me to walk this journey. And what I mean by that is......being a Mom through both birth and adoption. What a miracle it is.
Life is not about me.....I love that. It's the truth. This life is not what we can make of it for ourselves......it's what we can give to others.  I'll be the first to admit, there was a time that I thought of only myself and what I wanted to have in my life. God knew that He had a lot of work for me to do and if it was going to get done....He would need to ROCK my world! And he did just that! On a cold afternoon, in November of 1986, I gave birth to my oldest son Jimmy.

Now, even with the birth of Jimmy and the fact that he had Down syndrome, it still didn't quite open my eyes to all that God had planned for me. I didn't feel the desire to adopt a child with Ds......yet. God knew, that it would take time. I'm not a fast learner. LOL! He knew that it would take years of transforming my heart to look beyond my own life and my family, and to feel the desire to reach out to others in need. And so, my story evolves.... until one day after becoming a special education teacher (inspired by Jimmy and also part of God's plan) I started feeling that there was more...... more that needed to be done in my life. This could not be all I was supposed to do, could it?

I knew there was still something missing....there was something more. And then, God showed me the children. Not my children, but His children. His children, that by no fault of their own, had been abandoned by their earthly parents. This was not God's plan for them. And this is when I realized what the "more" was, I had been searching for.

In June 2005, Caleb Anatoly became my son.

But God said, "There's more."

In April 2009, Elijah Nikolai became my son.

Once again God said, "There's still more."

In December 2011, Liam Josiah became my son.


And these precious boys along with Jimmy and Ben, are the JOY of my life! I am more happy than I thought I would ever be. Several times a day, I say to myself, "I have the best life!"

Yep, you read that right......I have the best life!
Expensive houses, brand new cars, vacations, cruises.......No, I don't have those things. And still I have the BEST life! Why? Because I found what my "More" was.  And because of this, I have been given God's most precious gifts......my children. I am richer than any millionaire alive. My heart is full, I am so blessed!

My wish for you is that you find the "More" that God has planned for you. It's there, if you just look for it.

With love,

Amy



11 comments:

  1. Oh Amy! This post hits home! I wrote something similar last week, about how my life is perfect just the way it is. Even if it's not what I ever dreamed it would be like! Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy I do believe you have the most Blessed life any mother could hope for. Yes God has been good to you. I love you all, Jimmy,Ben, Caleb, Elijah and Liam and of course you. Now take some time to sit back and just enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a hero Amy. Your boys will never look any further for "more" love because of you. What an amazing story..and a true inspiration.

    One day I will find my "more"

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a true hero Amy. Your boys will never need to look for "more" love because of you. What an amazing testimony and a true inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am honored to call you my friend. :o)

    BEAUTIFUL post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very true Amy! I used to say to my kids that we didn't have a boat or a cabin or a fancy car. But if people could see the treasures I have in my 15 passenger van, they'd slow down to see and be jealous! (they always pass us!)
    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete