Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Jimmy's notes and a drawing

I love the way Jimmy writes notes to himself and also for us. I also love his drawings!
This is a package of Oreos that a friend of Jimmy's bought for him. After we had ate some, Jimmy put them into a ziploc bag and then began writing on it. I thought he was putting his name on them so nobody would eat his cookies. LOL! But to my surprise, he put Ben's name on the package so Ben would know that Jimmy was giving them to him.:)How sweet! It shouldn't have surprised me really, Jimmy has always been very generous.

This is a note that Jimmy wrote to himself and taped to the door. It is a reminder for him to take in the trash cans. He doesn't need a reminder, he is very responsible. But ever since I put a note on the door reminding Ben to take the trash to the curb, Jimmy has been writing a note for himself to bring in the trash cans.:)

This is a Happy Birthday note that Jimmy wrote and gave to me the day before my birthday. He couldn't wait!:)

This picture is one of my favorites. Jimmy gets crushes once in a while and a few months ago, he had a crush on one of the aides in his classroom. She is engaged but Jimmy didn't care. He said he was going to marry her, and this is a drawing that he made of their wedding. Notice the veil on the bride's head and also the tuxedo on the groom! The bride also is holding a bouquet of flowers.:) I just adore Jimmy's drawings. This one has been hanging in our kitchen for a few months since the day he brought it home. I love it!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Amy, I love the way his mind works. Maybe not in the conventional way the world says it should, but in the perfect way for Jimmy. I also love that you can see his love for you all and for life in the notes and pictures. Thanks for sharing. I love the moments of learning that come with these kids. Moments for me that is.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is my all time favorite blog post....EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to come and meet your Jimmy! He is such an awesome young man! My kids only put their own names on food around my house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, I am so proud of your boy! I would be framing that wedding picture :) Wish we lived closer so our boys could get together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can see that Jimmy has the biggest, by the way he shows his love to all of you especailly to Ben when he left him the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how PRE-CIOUS!!! I hope you are saving all of those notes!!

    Jimmy is SO adorable!!

    ReplyDelete