Saturday, October 2, 2010

Caleb's rough week

Caleb has been sick quite a bit since school started. This week was his third time throwing up in the last two weeks. It began on Tuesday night. He was running a fever and throwing up. On Thursday, I took him to the dr. and he was diagnosed with a sinus infection and put on an antibiotic. Then on Friday morning, he came up to me and his cheek looked like he had a Tootsie Pop in his mouth. It was very swollen and he was crying. I took a peek inside and saw a horrible looking nickel size spot. I took him to the dr. again and he said that Caleb had an abscess. He asked if he had been to the dentist recently and I told him that yes, he had gone in June and his teeth were all fine. So we're not quite sure why he got it, but it hurts to see him in pain like this. I have been giving his antibiotic (which the dr. said would clear up the abscess) and also his Motrin. Bless his heart, he is sleeping now. He missed three days of school last week and I'm hoping he feels well enough to go back to school on Monday because he loves school so much. But we will wait and see. It does look like it is changing, so I am hopeful it is getting better. Honestly, I have never saw one before. Caleb does obsess about things and he if he has thrown up, he usually talks about it over and over. So it didn't surprise me when I looked over and saw this the other day (top photo). I asked him, "What's Grover doing?" And Caleb said, "He's puking!" Poor Grover. The photo below shows Caleb's swollen cheek. You can see where his cheek is swollen on the lower left side of his face. This is one of the very few photos where Caleb isn't smiling.:(

9 comments:

  1. Oh poor Caleb. Feel better buddy. You too Grover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor little guy! He looks so sad. Not like the Caleb we all know and love. Elmo looks sad too. :( Hope he gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little guy, hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw that poor little guy, I pray he feels better soon. He looks like he is miserable. Have you learned anymore about what may have caused the absess?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor baby! My goodness I think this is the first time I have seen him not smiling. I will say a prayer that he gets to feeling better.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope he feels better soon and you can get some rest too :) What a smart little guy to make grover sick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, have you called his dentist? The antibiotic will make the infection go down, but it won't go away until the tooth is fixed or pulled. It might go away for days, weeks, or even longer, but it WILL come back...and with a vengeance! Physicians don't always tell people that.

    Poor little guy! Toothaches are the worst kind of pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Alice,
    After reading your comment, I went and checked Caleb's teeth real close again. I didn't notice anything and then I flossed them to see if any of them bothered him, but he said no. But if we continue to have any problem with an abscess, I will take him to the dentist for xrays to be sure. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The poor little kid!!

    And poor Grover!!

    ReplyDelete