Sunday, October 17, 2010

Our weekend

We started off the weekend going to the orchard to get pumpkins and ride the ponies. They had a really large hay stack with tunnels for the kids to climb through. Caleb and some of the other kids had fun jumping off the top to the hay below. Elijah wanted nothing to do with the hay.

Jimmy was content just sitting at the top, watching the kids all around him.

When we got there, we ran into Caleb's best friend Makenna and her family.:)

Makenna absolutely adores Caleb, so much in fact that her Mom requested they be in the same class again this year.:) And the feeling is mutual, Caleb loves Makenna.

Caleb was very excited to ride the donkey. Isn't he cute? Jimmy also rode the donkey.:) But I didn't get his picture, because I had already put the camera back in the truck before he decided to ride. (He kept saying that he didn't want to ride, so I put the camera in the truck when we put the pumpkins in.) Oh well, next time! Once he finished riding, Jimmy told me that he wanted the donkey for his birthday!

After the orchard, we went to Dairy Queen. Here, Jimmy is eating his hot fudge sundae with chocolate ice cream and sprinkles.:)

Jimmy took this picture of me.

Today, we had beautiful weather so we raked the leaves in the backyard. Elijah was a big help!

Caleb liked playing in the leaves the best.:)

Elijah was not so sure he liked sitting in them, but he did just long enough for a picture. I think he enjoyed raking them more!

5 comments:

  1. It's always to so great to see your family out doing things "typical" families do! You are great ambassadors!!! That's our goal too. We want people to see that our family out and about--helping break down the misconceptions of people with disabilities.

    And, of all the wonderful pictures you shared, do you want to know which one I liked the best? The one Jimmy took of YOU! It's so great to see you in your blog.

    PS...my mom was just on my case because I am never in any pics on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pix! Glad you got one of yourself too, you are so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the pics are great, looks like you and the three boys had a great time. I always love seeing the pictures but I do miss seeing Ben in some of them.Love you all, Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...so?? Are you going to get Jimmy a donkey for his birthday??

    I think you should.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete