Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Broken Toe

Jimmy fractured his toe about 2 weeks ago. Trigger had been sleeping in Jimmy's room in a little dog kennel every night. Jimmy had a fan sitting on top of the dog kennel. I have bumped the kennel a couple of times during the day and the small metal fan has fallen off and scared the c--- out of me. And because of that, I suggested to Jimmy that he put the fan somewhere else. But he didn't want to. Once something has it's place, Jimmy is not going for any kind of change. Well,.......... it happened. Jimmy bumped the kennel one day and the fan fell off and landed on his toe. I heard the noise and went in to find Jimmy standing there and the fan on the floor. Then....... I saw the blood on the floor and Jimmy's toe. :( I quickly ran to get some kleenex and clean up Jimmy's toe. Once I got it cleaned up, I realized that the nail was pushed forward and out of the toe. I told Jimmy that we needed to go the emergency room, but Jimmy was like "no way!" I talked him into it and off we went, but not before he hiked his pajama pant leg all the way up to his hip. He said it needed to be that high. LOL!

*A big hug to my son Ben who watched all three little guys while Jimmy and I went to the ER.
At the ER, despite the pain, Jimmy was very cheery with everyone. However, he did remind me that he had NOT had his dinner yet and that he could hear his stomach talking! To make a long story short, his toe was fractured. They decided to leave the nail as is, since there wasn't any pressure built up and because it would cause more pain to have it removed. So we left with an antibiotic, bacitracin and a walking boot (which Jimmy hated BTW).

Well, after a couple days Jimmy decided that the walking boot was not too bad. When I suggested that we buy some sandals for him and he could wear them instead of his tennis shoe and walking boot, he told me that he preferred to wear the "cool black sandal." (Okay, maybe I tried a little too hard to get him to like the thing.) I wonder if the ER will give us another one so he has a pair. LOL!

Because of this little mishap, Trigger was given a new doggie bed. It was the only way to get Jimmy to agree to let me take the kennel out. Trigger is happy, even though Jimmy said that the fan falling on his toe was all Trigger's fault! LOL! Don't worry.....he loves that puppy something awful!:)


I have to say, Jimmy was very brave. He's such a trooper. He never complained of any pain, never cried. If, only I could be more like him. He is my hero for more reasons than I can count.

3 comments:

  1. I hope his foot is feeling better.Have to love that guy.Ask him to be more careful. Love you and all your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I certainly hope that Jimmy is up and around again very soon!

    BTW, what breed is Trigger? He looks a lot like my sister's dog, a Yorkie/Fox Terrier mix. Totally adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Jimmy is as good as new soon :) You are so blessed to have such awesome sons.

    ReplyDelete